Lower Merion Historical Society

The Lower Merion Historical Society

« The First 300 Photograph Collection

First 300 Photograph Collection

Title: Peace Mission Chapel Dining Room
Source: The Palace Mission, Inc.
Collection: First 300
Date: 2000
Binder #: 5
Image #: 243-2
Abstract: In 1953 Woodmont, including the grounds, was purchased by the followers of Father Divine and named The Mount of the House of the Lord; over a year was spent in restoring the house for use as the country home of Mother and Father Divine and the spiritual home of Father Divine’s International Peace Mission Movement and Palace Mission, Inc.; in 1998 , Woodmont was designated a National Historic Landmark
Item Number: 747
Keywords: Father Divine/ Mother Divine/ Mount of the House of the Lord/ International Peace Mission Movement/ Palace Mission, Inc./ National Historic Landmarks