Lower Merion Historical Society

The Lower Merion Historical Society

« The First 300 Photograph Collection

First 300 Photograph Collection

Title: Anderson Estate – St. Georges, Ardmore
Source: Lower Merion Historical Society Archives
Collection: First 300
Date: 2000
Binder #: 2
Image #: 110-2
Abstract: Built before 1730, St. Georges seved as an inn under numerous names and owners for 80 years; for a time it was owned by Philip Syng, the noted silversmith; in 1811 the property was purchased by Dr. Joseph Anderson for use as his home; five generations of Andersons lived in St. Georges until the 1950s when St. Georges was razed.
Item Number: 298
Keywords: St. Georges/ Anderson Family/ Houses/ Ardmore