Lower Merion Historical Society

The Lower Merion Historical Society

« The First 300 Photograph Collection

First 300 Photograph Collection

Title: Paul C. Hagenlocher’s Stone Mansion, Gladwyne
Source: Margaret Doran Collection
Collection: First 300
Date: 2000
Binder #: 5
Image #: 269-1
Abstract: Built in 1911 for Paul C. Hagenlocher, it was purchased by Walter C. Pew in 1929 for his summer residence; Mr. Pew enlarged the estate and renamed it Rolling Hill Farm; in 1958 fire destroyed the house; in the mid 1990s, Lower Merion Township purchased the 103 acres and remaining buildings to be a natural preserve and renamed the property Rolling Hill Park
Item Number: 817
Keywords: Hagenlocher, Paul C./ Pew, Walter C./ Rolling Hill Farm/ Lower Merion Township/ Rolling Hill Park