Lower Merion Historical Society

The Lower Merion Historical Society

« The First 300 Photograph Collection

First 300 Photograph Collection

Title: Pennshurst, Wynnewood
Source: Rural Pennsylvania, Rev. S.F. Hotchkin, 1879
Collection: First 300
Date: 2000
Binder #: 4
Image #: 147-4
Abstract: Friends’ Central School purchased the estate from the Montgomery Country Day School in the 1970s for its Lower School; earlier the estate was owned by the Penn-Gaskill family and then by Hugh Burgess who built the present house, replacing a home called Penn Cottage
Item Number: 444
Keywords: Friends’ Central School/ Schools/ Montgomery Country Day School/ Pennshurst/ Penn-Gaskill Family/ Burgess, Hugh