Ardmore Junior High School
Living History With Ted Goldsborough
Kenneth Trotter, Lower Merion High School class of 1946, and Dennis Dool, both retired teachers from Ardmore Junior High School recall events and staff in the granite and limestone building, which stood adjacent to Lower Merion Senior High School and the Administration Building at 235-325 East Montgomery Ave. Ardmore. Originally called Lower Merion Township Junior High School from 1924-1939, once Bala Cynwyd Junior High School opened in 1939, the name was changed to Ardmore Junior High School. Above its entrance on Montgomery Ave. was a limestone plaque stating:
“Enter to Learn Go Forth to Serve”
Many staff and students acknowledge there was a special feeling of cooperation, tolerance, and friendship at the school, of being one big family. “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.” It closed in 1978 due to declining enrollment and was demolished c. 1992. Recorded in 2014.