Radnor Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
Conestoga Road & Route 320
Radnor, PA 19087
The exact year of construction of the Radnor Meeting House is unknown, but it dates as early as 1693 with a record of the marriage of Philip Philip and Phoebe Evans taking place in “the meeting house in Rad(n)or & in a publick assembly of friends there met together.” As noted on its gable, the present meeting house was erected in 1718, and the portion on the eastern end added sometime later as a school building.
This information was collected as part of a WPA project in 1937. Transcription and additional information were provided by Scott and Kathryn Ives in 2001. Research at Radnor Meeting continues in order to have a more complete listing.