Title: St. Georges, Ardmore-Aerial view of house and grounds
Abstract: Built before 1730, St. Georges served as an inn under numerous names and owners for 80 years; for a time it was owned by Philip Syng, the noted silversmith; in 1811 the property was purchased by Dr. Joseph Anderson for use as his home; five generations of Andersons lived in St. Georges until the 1950s when St. Georges was razed.
Keywords: St. Georges/Three Tuns Inn/Prince of Wales Inn/Green Tree Tavern/Anderson Family/Houses
Source: Lower Merion Historical Society Archives
Collection: W. Robert Swartz