Lower Merion Historical Society

The Lower Merion Historical Society

« Houses & Estates Collection

Avonwood Court

Built: 1891
Status 2020: demolished

Architect: T. Roney Williamson

between Rose Lane & Avon Road, Haverford, PA; original owner: Charles E. Mather, Mather & Co., insurance brokers; subsequent owner: Victor C. Mather; original architect: T. Roney Williamson; subsequent architect: Percy Ash (service wing ca. 1917, alterations to entrance 1925); plot size: 32 3/4 acres; 1891;

9 Items

PHE Binder 4 (Haverford)

TitleDateFormat
Data sheetPHE4-AVO 01
Main houseca. 19148" x 10"; b & w; courtesy of The Historical Society Of PennsylvaniaPHE4-AVO 02
Main house with additionca. 19178" x 10"; b & w; courtesy of The Historical Society Of PennsylvaniaPHE4-AVO 03
Main house ca. 1925Two similar views; 8" x 10"; b & w; courtesy of The Historical Society Of PennsylvaniaPHE4-AVO 04
Garden view ca. 19258" x 10"; b & w; courtesy of The Historical Society Of PennsylvaniaPHE4-AVO 05
Garden view stairsca. 19258" x 10"; b & wPHE4-AVO 06
Added servants wingca. 19178" x 10"; b & w; courtest of THE Historical Society Of PennsylvaniaPHE4-AVO 07
Mutual Assurance Co. Policy No. 90721906-31Policy papers including periodic surveys; courtesy of The Historical Society Of PennsylvaniaPHE4-AVO 08
Philadelphia Contributorship Policy No. 152061932Policy papers including periodic surveys; courtesy of The Historical Society Of PennsylvaniaPHE4-AVO 09

Location

Map symbols
House built <1880 '80s '90s 1900s '10s '20s '30s
house is gone
standing