855 Buck Lane
Haverford, PA 19041
Haverford Meeting website
The first meeting of the Society of Friends near Haverford, Pennsylvania, of which there is record was held in April, 1684. Meetinghouses were soon built in Merion, Haverford near Oakmont, and Radnor at Ithan, where meetings for worship were held in turn. In 1827, a group of 70 Friends began to meet in a tenant house on Samuel Garrigues’ farm, but this proved to be too small after the opening of Haverford College in 1833.
The present house on Buck Lane was built in 1834 where the first meeting was held on November 23 of that year. Members of the faculty and students of Haverford College have been meeting together regularly in this house since then. The meetinghouse was enlarged in 1894 and the Sunday School wing was added in 1904.