« Burial Records

Radnor Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)

610 Conestoga Road
Villanova, PA 19085
Radnor Meeting website

front door facade of the meeting house; plain stone one-story building
low simple burial stone of Edith E. Wayne
simple stone slab marking the grave of Abigail Evans
view across the burial ground towards the meeting house

The exact year of construction of the Radnor Meeting House is unknown, but it dates as early as 1693 with a record of the marriage of Philip Philip and Phoebe Evans taking place in “the meeting house in Rad(n)or & in a publick assembly of friends there met together.” As noted on its gable, the present meeting house was erected in 1718, and the portion on the eastern end added sometime later as a school building.