316 Righters Mill Road
Gladwyne, PA 19035
formerly The Lower Merion Methodist Episcopal and
The Merion Square Methodist Episcopal
The Merion Square Methodist Episcopal Church began first as a Church School in Fritz’s School House, a private school about the year 1830. The founding members of this organization were local farmers, shop keepers and Mill Creek factory workers who came from the surrounding communities of Ardmore, Belmont Hills, Bryn Mawr, Conshohocken, and Wynnewood.
The church was built in 1841, and is Gladwyne’s oldest church. It is located south of and immediately next to the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Hall. Located behind the church is the cemetery which has about 220 markers, most are legible but some are so worn that they cannot be read.