St. Christopher’s Church
Gladwyne, PA 19035
St. Christopher’s Church was built in 1950, and incorporated as a parish of the Diocese of Pennsylvania of the Episcopal Church in the U.S.A. It replaced the “Mill Creek Mission” later called “St Joseph’s Chapel, Mill Creek Mission” on Mill Creek Road built in 1894. Services had been held in various near-by buildings since 1878.
The earliest recorded burial took place on March 3, 1951, and members may still be buried in the Churchyard. The records of St. Christopher’s note not only those buried in the Churchyard, but members who have been buried elsewhere. A color code identifies which entries are for the Churchyard, and which are for other locations.
Burial information on this page courtesy of S. Hamill Horne of the Lower Merion Historical Society.
Updated April, 2003